Developing Artists As Individuals
The Edge School Of Performing Arts
At The Edge School of Performing Arts in Oakville we have been helping young artists discover their potential since 2000. We provide the high-energy, creative and encouraging atmosphere that allows children to feel free to express themselves and find the encouragement and support they need to hone their performing talents.
BALLET / JAZZ / TAP / HIP HOP / MUSICAL THEATRE
Ages 3-4 Jazz & Ballet Combo
Ages 5-7 Ballet Class
Ages 8+ Speak to Director
JAZZ FUNK CLASSES
The Edge Dance Teams are designed for the dancer that is interested in strengthening their technique, having fun and sharing their passion of dance. *No Extra Rehearsals, Everything is done during class time.
JR TEAM (grades 2,3,4)
Int 1 Team (grades 5 & 6)
Int 2 Team (grades 7 & 8)
Sr 1 Team (grades 9 & 10)
Sr 2 Team (grades 11 & 12)
Book A Free Trial Class TODAY!
Summer Dance Camps
Camp 1 July 16-20, 2018 Ages 4-9
Camp 2 July 23-27, 2018 Ages 9-12
Camp 3 July 30-Aug 3, 2018 Ages 4-9
It's all about jazz, ballet, hip hop and musical theatre with different themes each week! We invite family and friends to come for a short presentation at the end of the week.
Three afternoons out of the week we visit the splash pad for an hour weather permitting.
Half Day $98.23 + tax
Full Day $196.46 + tax
1. Submit Form with your dancers name & camp selection Full Day / Half Day
2. We will send you an invoice
3. Registration is complete Once Payment is Received
Booking Date and Time: Saturdays 1:00-3:00pm
Three Packages to Choose From
Package 1 - Dance Danze - 1 hour instruction for up to 10 kids $132.74 + tax. Additional Kids $8 each
Package 2 - Get Up & Dance - 2 hour party for up to 10 kids $215.04 + tax. Additional kids $10 each
Package 3 - Dance Fever Pizza Party - 2 hour party with pizza and water for up to 10 kids $225.66 + tax. Additional kids $12 each
For Package 2 & 3 We provide invitations, tablecloth, plates, napkins, cutlery, balloons and streamer decorations.
We start with a 10 min scrap booking craft. This way guests that arrive late don't miss the lesson. Then there is a 45 min dance lesson. We take a group photo that is later inserted into the scrapbook that each child gets to take home.
After the first hour, it will be time to get the kids something to eat. We then follow with more dance in the studio with the disco lights.
You are welcome to add any decorations.
We look forward to celebrating your child's Birthday at The Edge!
Instructor Development Program
Student's currently enrolled ages 8-18 are eligible.
Sign up by August 1st to receive your manual and class schedule
At The Edge School of Performing Arts in Oakville, students are exposed to the school’s high-energy, creative and encouraging atmosphere that inspires them to discover their potential. Established in 2000 by the studio’s founder and artistic director, Susan Kasaic, an award-winning dancer and choreographer whose aim is to give all of her students an enjoyable experience and sense of accomplishment.
Students receive solid training in their chosen art form from the highly-qualified dance instructors at The Edge who teach the students to discover themselves through such dance programs as jazz, tap, ballet, lyrical and hip hop as well as musical theatre. Proud members of the Performing Arts Educators of Canada, The Edge and its staff believe in doing more than teach children to dance; they want to build a student’s self-esteem from within and develop the artist as an individual.
The recreational and pre-competitive programs at The Edge are available for children aged three and up. The school also offers three-week summer programs for children aged four to twelve in which children not only learn dances in the different disciplines and experience dancing in the school’s studio but also participate in a variety of fun activities and games.
Saturday Sept 8th, 2018 Classes Commence
June 9 - July 15th for Summer Break
August 4 - Sept 7th for Summer Break
"My daughter enjoys doing ballet here, it gives her a sense of accomplishment. Her teacher Susan creates a high-energy, creative and encouraging atmosphere that inspires these young dancers to discover their own potential. Most importantly I can watch my daughter during practice, so I can see how she grows and flourish."
"My daughter used to attend another dance school in the area, but we were not impressed with the school at all. We enrolled my daughter in ballet with Susan and she loves it!
We also held my daughter’s birthday party here and she had an amazing time. They were exhausted from all the dancing. Thank you Susan!"
Susan Kasaic O'Reilly
Since opening her school, The Edge School of Performing Arts, some 18 years ago, founder Susan Kasaic-O’Reilly has never been surprised that of the vast majority of students who agree to participate in classes, few drop out.
The main reason for this is due to the owner, Susan. For her, it’s all about the overall experience that her students of all ages can take away from the positive and encouraging environment that radiates from her progressive dance studio.
Susan is also very much a hands-on individual. She personally teaches all classes involving students from ages three to 18 — regardless of the specific dance or performance style. After all, she is an award-winning dancer in her own right. She loves to share her personal knowledge and her passion for the arts with her students and their parents.
As a consequence of her results-oriented teaching style, there is a waiting list of eager students anxiously hoping for that phone call or email telling them they have been accepted. To be clear, however, results are not just limited to a child’s success as a performer. Many parents have been heard to remark on the changes they have witnessed in their child since enrolling them in Susan’s content-rich classes at The Edge School of Performing Arts. Students will likely become more expressive, and their confidence and overall self-esteem will also likely improve enormously. For them, the general experience in being involved and engaged in a setting where they can flourish on all levels — more so than in most other learning situations — is all about creativity and the values of performing. Students are encouraged to be the best they can be, not only as individuals but also as a part of something larger. They will create memories they will take with them throughout their lives.
If you would like to learn more about The Edge School of Performing Arts, stop by our studio at 2251 Westoak Trails Boulevard, Oakville, Ontario, or call 905-847-9932 to make an appointment. You can also send an email email@example.com or follow on Facebook
1. Submit Form with your dancers name & class selection
2. We will send you payment information
3. Registration is complete Once Payment is Received
- Registration fee per family is due at the time of registration. Registration fees are non-refundable.
- Registration is accepted when invoice has been paid.
A child will not be permitted to take the class if a payment is not received.
- Students will not participate in the recital until all fees, late charges, damage charges and costume balances are received.
- The Edge Performing Arts Inc., assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged goods.
- Term is based on 12 weeks. Stat Holidays will be deducted on Invoice. HST#858313885
- A late fee of $25 will be charged after 7 days of due date.
- We reserve the right to suspend lessons if payment are more than 1 month in arrears.
- $10 Fee for removing a class after registration has been paid.
- If parent/guardian is dropping off and picking up it must be communicated to the instructor. This does not apply to our summer camps.
- The Edge Performing Arts Inc., will not take promotional photos for local newspaper articles, online presentation, advertisements and promotional material unless parents have been notified and a permission form has been submitted. Any photograph which include children, their families, staff are used with permission and written consent of those authorized to give consent.
- The Edge School of Performing Arts does not authorize to have their routines (groups/duet/trio/solos) posted on social media. Videos are for personal use only. Written permission from the choreographer is required to release their routine.
- In the Case you need to cancel please submit your request to The Edge School of Performing Arts in writing by letter or email.
- All requests for refund must be approved by the Director.
- By cancelling you forfeit one month of your tuition fees and registration fee.
- There is a $50 cancellation fee per child if you paid by Term or a $100 cancellation fee per child if you paid for the year in full.
- Choreography fees are non refundable
- I understand that I will receive periodic emails from The Edge School of Performing Arts about classes, events, newsletters etc. while I am registered.
- I/We understand there is a certain amount of inherent risk of injury involved in dancing activity and that the has been explained to us.
- In consideration of the benefits derived from The Edge Performing Arts Inc., I /We agree to hold harmless The Edge Performing Arts Inc., it’s agents or employees from any and all claims for personal injuries to myself, my/our child while participating in said or any other The Edge Performing Arts. Inc. activities or while being transported to and from said activities related to dance or any other The Edge Performing Arts Inc., activities.