The Edge Stage Stars
It is our goal to instil a passion for performing and promote a positive learning experience for all involved. True progress is made when you look at each class, rehearsal, or performance as an opportunity to become better at what you love to do. Dance full out, stretch a little further, show off your technique, let your smile shine and enjoy every moment.
Marks are based on criteria below:
TECHNICAL ABILITY : execution, precision, unison, leaps, well memorized, control, spacing, turns, kicks, proper placement, timing, use of area, tap sounds, splits, strong movement, stretched feet
Each dancer receives:
Rules & Regulations:
1. If "live" event is not able to run "in person" entries will perform "virtually".
2. If Dancer is not able to participate due to injury or conflict of date, dancer will be adjudicated virtually. If Dancer performs virtually, dancer still receives adjudication, medal, pin, and award ribbons, eligible for special awards, most promising, outstanding achievement and highest overall mark.
3. No Refunds, No Cancellations or No Credit.
Date & Time Schedule:
1. Final performance schedule with performance date and times will be sent via Stack TeamApp a couple of weeks before event takes place. As soon as The Edge School of Performing Arts receives the finalized schedule, performance date and times will be sent via Stack TeamApp. By registering for these events you are committing to being available for all dates listed for these events. The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.) is not able to accept schedule requests or change of date.
1. No Refunds, Cancellations or Credit. The Edge Stage Stars is not held responsible for sudden cancellation or time lost due to extreme weather, black outs, power outage, bomb threats, terrorism, pandemic, epidemic, quarantine, illness outbreak, disease, or any other event beyond the control of The Edge Stage Stars. No refunds/cancellations due to injury or illness.
Entry Fees Cost and Description:
1.Your Entry Fee covers venue, audio judges critiques, custom award ribbons, pin, medal, digital photo of each solo/duet/trio/group routine that your dancer is registered in, digital video for you to download for keepsake, special awards, free admission to all for "live" event and Digital program is included
2. Entry fees must be paid by the required due date. Failure to do so will result in you not participating in Judging event. If payment is received after due date and dancer is permitted to enter judging event there is a $50 late fee per event if space permits.
3. Links for judges critiques will be sent by The Edge Admin Team as soon as The Edge School of Performing Arts receives them. Judges critiques and scores for group routines will be emailed via Stack TeamApp, judges critiques and scores for solos/duet/trios will sent by direct email from The Edge Admin Team.
Event Rules & Regulations:
1.The Edge Stage Stars reserve the right to add/subtract days, move/postpone or cancel the event due to unforeseen circumstances. Dates and Faculty are subject to change. If you have a conflict of date with an event after payment is submitted there is no cancelation or refund for that date.
2. The Edge Stage Stars reserve the right to run their schedule up to one hour earlier than the scheduled performance time.
3. The Edge Stage Stars reserves the right to combine or split categories.
4. Cell Phones and Other Mobile Devices may not be used in photographic or video mode in any change room, rest room, or other private area of the competition. Additionally, no calls may be placed or taken in the theatre/ballroom, or back stage. Please use common courtesy when using mobile devices in other areas of the competition.
5. Personal photography is allowed in public areas of the competition only. You must have consent to photograph any other attendee, spectator or team member. The Edge Stage Stars allow designated staff to take images of attendees and spectators for social media and other promotional purposes, including on stage during performance and awards ceremonies, back stage, warm up room, lobby, or anything within the event vicinity. Disqualification will only occur at the discretion of the event directors.
6. No Communication with the Judges (Oral or Written) by Teachers, Parents, or Dancers during the Event is Permitted. The Decision of the adjudicators is final.
Dancers Awards Presentation:
Dancers are to wear Edge Jacket/Hoodie/T-shirt when on stage to receive awards. If dancer isn't wearing Edge Jacket/Hoodie/T-shirt for award ceremony dancer will watch awards from audience. Hair and make up is to be presentable and professional.