1. By joining the Edge Performing Arts Inc. Dance Team you are adhering to all policies and procedures that have been put in place. Dance Team is a 9 month commitment, lessons are paid by Term. Teams are established in July. Dancers can not join Dance Team in Term 2 or Term 3. As a member on The Edge School of Performing Arts Dance Team you commit to participating in all three judging and recital event per class routine. For Specialty Routines you commit to three judging events with optional fourth judging event) . If your dancer is not able to perform at recital send an email to info@TheEdgePA.ca. Not attending recital without approval from the Director may reflect in future opportunity to be part of The Edge Dance Team. Dates Subject to Change. Event Dates, Term Dates for Dance Lessons and Payment Due Dates are found on Stack TeamApp titled "Important Dates" and first emailed in May to allow you and your family plan ahead and save the date for your upcoming events.
2. Judging Event Dates Subject to Change
3. Dancers can not miss class the week of judging events. As with any program, steady attendance is requirement for success. Failure to meet such requirements may lead to dismissal from the program or adjustment in level. Charges and tuition may apply.
4. Costume Fee Policy: Costumes are meant to complement the song and create uniformity amongst the dancers, which brings the entire dance to life. Costumes portray or relate to some characteristic, mood, or theme of the dance that assists with overall judging. Costumes are part of the awarded marks at judging events. Costume Fee must be paid for before costume is ordered. Costumes will not be ordered if payment is not received. There is a $50 late fee automatically applied to the invoice after the deadline date and time. If payment and $50 late fee is received after due date and time, dancer still needs permission from the Artistic Director to remain on the team.
5. Dance Team Costumes approx. cost $90 - $170. The Edge School of Performing Arts continues to select costumes that are age appropriate, justifiable and affordable. Costumes are made to order and some custom made. Costume fees covers costs of outfit, shipping, data entry of each size, data entry ordering each size, steaming each costume, manually packaging and labelling each costume, financial transaction, processing fees, accounting fees for invoice set up and processing payments, service fee for travelling to different stores and price inquires. Taxes are not included in Costume Fees. No cancellation, refunds or returns after payment is submitted, no exceptions. Dancers will be measured and have a fitting to confirm proper sizing. The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.) approaches costumes with the best interest of dance families in mind and works hard to find costumes that are available in all sizes, justifiable in price, performance appropriate and when possible wearable after performance.
6. Costume Sizing: Each dancer is measured during class time for costumes to be worn January - June 2024. Costumes are to be form fitted, look polished and professional. When costumes arrive dancers will have a fitting during class time. During the fitting if a dancer is unsure of sizing it must be communicated to the instructor so The Edge School of Performing Arts Customer Support can set up a day and time for the parent to come in and confirm sizing. After fitting has been finalized costumes will be sent home. Once costumes are taken home costumes are final, there are no exchanges, no refunds, no exceptions. Any accessories (such as but not limited to scrunchies, belts, gloves, headbands, bows/flowers) misplaced after costume is brought home are not the responsibility of The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.) and will need to be replaced by the customer in order for the dancer to be permitted to perform.
7. Dress Rehearsal: On a designated day, dancers will arrive to class at The Edge School of Performing Arts in full costume, hair and light make up for Dress Rehearsal, video recording and photos. Attendance is mandatory for the week of January 15-18, 2024 unless absent due to illness/injury. If students are missing due to illness/injury, the designated day will be rescheduled. The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.) has the right to change this date.
8. Each Term is clearly stated on our website, brochure and invoice with the dates and the total amount of weeks. Class cancellation due to holidays, inclement weather or extenuating circumstances and extra non class times such as practices, rehearsals, studio events/performances, staff at competition. and staff at picture day have already been taking into account in determining the Term Tuition. Once Dance Team Registration closes, there is no opportunity to join dance team or join receiving pro-rated Term Fees.
9. The only mandatory class to be part of our Dance Team is one ballet class a week (two 30 min ballet classes for Int & Sr Team, one 40 min ballet class for Jr Team) From there Jr Team members have the option to add jazz, tap, skills technique clinic, contemporary/hip hop clinic, specialty routine, Int & Sr Team members have the option to add jazz, lyrical, tap, skills technique clinic, contemporary/hip hop clinic, specialty routines. Term fee for Dance Team Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Lyrical class comes with one performance routine that performs in four mandatory events: three judging events and recital. Int & Sr Dance Team Ballet Term fee comes with the option to perform in a specialty contemporary group and specialty musical theatre group. Specialty contemporary group and specialty musical theatre group routine is taught during ballet class and performs in three mandatory judging events with option of a fourth optional judging event, no performance in recital. Int & Sr Hip Hop Group Choreography Fee covers the cost of the Choreographer and Edge Instructors fees to teach the routine and clean up, not specific amount of hours. The amount of hours designated to participating in the choreography vary from year to year based on what the choreographer and Edge Instructors implement. . The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.) has the right to make the decision to combine the Inter and Sr dancers for one Hip Hop specialty routine or split the Inter and Sr into two groups for Hip Hop specialty routine. Class Group Performance Routine song length minimum 1min 50seconds, maximum 2min 30seconds. *The final song length and edit is the decision of the Instructor. The Edge Media Department edits music, formats music and uploads music to the judging events audio systems. Choreography is done by the choreographer only.
10. Dance Team Code of Conduct has been given outlined on Registration Form.
11. Entry Fees Cost and Description: For each judging event entry fees are outlined on the Entry Fee Agreement Form. Entry Fee covers venue, audio judges critiques, custom awards, for some events digital photo of each solo/duet/trio/group routine that your dancer is registered in & digital video for you to download is included and some events this is an extra cost, special awards, free admission to all for "live" event. For some events digital program is included and some events this is an extra cost. Entry fees must be paid by the required due date. Failure to do so will result in your dancer not participating in Judging event. There is a $50 late fee that is automatically applied after the deadline date and time. If payment and $50 late fee is received after due date and time, dancer still needs permission from the Artistic Director to remain on the team. Links for judges critiques will be sent by The Edge Admin Team as soon as The Edge School of Performing Arts receives them. Judges critiques and scores for group routines will be emailed via Stack TeamApp, judges critiques and scores for solos/duet/trios will sent by direct email from The Edge Admin Team.
The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.) charges a 10% processing fee on entry fees. The processing fee covers costs of data entry of each dancers name and birthdate per event in the events data system which has to be done manually each year, data entry of each routine title and dancers in that routine, data entry of length of music, data entry if props are used, uploading music to data system per event, labeling each file to the entry numbers given by each event, video/judges audio uploading, video/judges audio data entry submission, video/audio judging encoding, financial transaction and processing fees, accounting fees for invoice set up and processing payments. If refund/adjustment fee are given by an event or if the event changes to virtual and there is a change in fee, The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.) charges a 10% processing fee for accounting fees, processing refunds and financial transaction fees. Processing Fee is non refundable.
Judging entry fees are collected from you "the client" and are administered to the Competition from The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.) on "the clients" behalf. By attending such judging events"the client" accepts any liabilities that may occur and which "the client" may incur and not The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.) such liabilities might include cancelation due to pandemic, weather or unforeseen circumstances. "The Client" understands that The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.) is not holding their entry fees. Entry fees are collected on behalf of "the client" and sent to the competition. Travel costs and accommodations for each competition are the responsibility of "the client". Judging Event fees and any ordered costumes will be the responsibility of "the client" as they are not refundable by the judging event/suppliers. The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.) continues to email each family "client" updates, communication and website links from each Dance Judging Event Company.
12. Entry Fee Refund Policy: 1. The Edge Stage Stars: No Refunds, Cancellations or Credit. The Edge Stage Stars is not held responsible for sudden cancellation or time lost due to extreme weather, black outs, power outage, bomb threats, terrorism, pandemic, epidemic, quarantine, illness outbreak, disease, or any other event beyond the control of The Edge Stage Stars. No refunds/cancellations due to injury or illness. Refund Policy for other judging events will be outlined on Entry Fee Agreement Form.
13. On the day of Judging Event, the Dancer must be in rehearsal space at time noted on the schedule. If dancer is not present at rehearsal and no communication has been made by email to info@TheEdgePA.ca with reason for being late, dancer will not be permitted to go on stage and perform. If Dancer forgets tights or part of costume, dancer will not be permitted to go on stage and perform. Dancers are to wear Edge Jacket/Hoodie/T-shirt when on stage to receive awards. If dancer isn't wearing Edge Jacket/Hoodie/T-shirt for award ceremony, dancer will watch awards from audience. Hair and make up is to be presentable and professional.
14. Date & Time Schedule: Final performance schedule with performance date and times will be sent via Stack TeamApp a couple of weeks before event takes place. As soon as The Edge School of Performing Arts receives the finalized schedule, performance date and times will be sent via Stack TeamApp. By registering for these events you are committing to being available for all dates listed for these events. The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.) is not able to accept schedule requests or change of date.
15. There will be no refunds on partially attended months.
16. It is the dancers’ responsibility to remember choreography and to learn and practice any choreography missed due to absences before their next practice.
17. When registering to perform at such events you are adhering to the Judging Event Companies Release of Liability and Policies. These policies are found on the Judging Event Website that have been provided to you on Stack TeamApp and Agreement Form. It is the parent/guardian's responsibility to review the terms and conditions of these judging events
18. You are releasing The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.) from any liabilities associated with attending these competitions.
19. When entering judging events you agree to all entry fees you have paid.
20. The Edge Performing Arts Inc. is not responsible or liable for any entry fees you have paid to the judging event
21. Any prize money won for solo, duet, trio is credited to the students account at The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.) Prize money won for group routines belongs to The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.) to offset competition expenses such as props, transportation and The Edge School of Performing Arts representative on event date. Custom Awards that are given with prize money or given for achieving high scores for solo, duet, trio will be given to the dancer keep. Custom Awards that are given with prize money or given for achieving high scores for groups belongs to The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.)
22. Staying overnight at a hotel where a dance competition event is taking place or near dance competition event is at the discretion of the parent. It is not mandatory to stay at hotel when attending competition events. Dance Competition Companies offer Group discount rates at participating hotel. Hotel information can be found on the competition website. It is the responsibility of the parent not The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.) to access that information from the competition website. Group rates only available for duration of specific date or quantity of rooms available.
23. When registering to perform at such events you are adhering to the Events Release of Liability and Policies. Any policies or waivers that the company hosting event needs signed by parent/guardian will be emailed to each family. When entering these events you agree to all entry fees you have paid. The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.) is not responsible or liable for any entry fees you have paid to the companies hosting events. Details, Fees, Company websites are outlined on The Edge School of Performing Arts Costume Fee & Entry Fee Agreement Form and The Edge School of Performing Arts Dance Team Policy is outlined on our website TheEdgePA.ca. It is the Parent/Guardian's responsibility to read through all Policies. Once this registration form is submitted, The Edge Admin Team will start the registration process. Entry Fees are invoiced by email via Square. All entry fees are to be paid, failure to do so will result in your dancer not being entered into events. No refunds or cancellations after payment has been submitted.
24. Indemnification and Release of Liability Policy: By registering you agree to waive, release and forever discharge any and all claims or causes of actions which you may have now or hereafter against The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.), whether known or unknown, arising out of any injuries, contraction of infectious communicable disease, or damage that the undersigned may sustain in connection to their participation in program and will indemnify and hold harmless The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.), it's directors, officers, employees, volunteers and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") you further agree not to sue The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.) for the claims waived and released in our School Policies.
26. Workshop/Convention Company Cancellation Policy: There is no Cancellation for Workshop/Convention Registrations once payment is submitted. Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. No refunds. Spaces are limited. The Workshop/Convention Company reserves the right to limit registration. The Workshop/Convention reserves the right to cancel workshop due to insufficient registrations.
27. I/we understand that The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.), The Workshop/Convention Company, the host venue, and staff members are not liable for any personal injuries, loss, or damages sustained while attending the aforementioned event. I authorize the Workshop/Convention Company the use of photographs and videography of the registered participant(s) for advertising purpose.
28. Specialty Routines: (Hip Hop Group with Guest Choreographer, Solo, Duet, Trio, Small Group, Contemporary Group, Musical Theatre Group) perform in three judging events. A fourth optional competition in May can be selected for Specialty Routines. In an effort to make recitals a comfortable length for audience attendees and dancers, Specialty Routines do not perform in recital. Specialty Routine Choreography fees are outlined on the registration form. Specialty Routine Choreography fee covers cost of learning the specialty routine. Once specialty routine is choreographed it is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to book half or hour private lessons to prepare for judging event. Private lessons can be done before the judging events or after each judging event. You decide how many practices you would like after the initial 1 hour lesson to learn the choreography, followed by two half hour sessions for performance preparation before the first judging event. Four Half Hour practices is recommended for those seeking to accomplish strong results. If specialty routine is presented during class time, it is not for the purpose of practicing the specialty routine or to receive corrections from instructor.
29. There are no cancellations from 10 days prior to the start date of the Choreography Date for Specialty Routine. See Choreography Speciality Routine Cancelation Policy Below
30. Dancers wanting a “Specialty Routine” ie. solo, duet, trio or small group must submit their request on the registration form. All applications are reviewed by The Admin Team. Dancer gets to select the song and style of dance. When selecting solo, duet, trio, dancer selects style of dance according to classes they are currently registered in. For example, a dancer that doesn't take lyrical class can not do a lyrical solo, duet, trio or small group. If you register for a "specialty routine" after you submitted and paid for your Term 1 Registration, a processing fee will be charged to cover the cost of adding a spot on the roster, the expense of record keeping, accounting, and other administrative costs.
31. The Edge solo/duet/trio/small group specialty routine Policy and Commitment: Judges want to see the development and training of skills and technique in each style of dance. In effort to maintain the results The Edge dancers are a custom to receiving for solo/duet/trio, small group specialty routines, The following Policies and Mandatory Commitment have been put in place: Note: 29.(b-g) does not apply to Hip Hop Group with guest choreographer, Contemporary Group/Musical Theatre Group that is taught during ballet class.
31(a). Solo/Duet/Trio/Small Group song length minimum 1min 50seconds, maximum 2min 30seconds. *The final song length and edit is the decision of the Instructor. The Edge Media Department edits music, formats music and uploads music to the judging events audio systems. Choreography is done by the choreographer only.
31(b). Mandatory lesson: Mandatory 1 hour private lesson to learn the choreography paid at time of registration. Followed by two mandatory 30min private lessons to work on spacing, counts, strength and facial expressions before first judging event to properly prepare performance requirements that are needed for successful results. Payment due no later than the week before the private lesson. - additional 30min private lessons can be booked at anytime or between judging events, you can book as many private lessons as you feel necessary. For those seeking to accomplish strong results, it is recommended to have four half hour practices after learning the choreography (2 before first judging event, one before second judging event and one before third judging event) This allows the dancer to work on strengthening the solo and applying feedback from judges critiques.
31 (c). Solo/duet/trio/small group must be practiced weekly at home on your own time. Create a weekly practice schedule running the routine three times in a row once a week. First run through work on counts, second run through work on strong arms, feet, technique and third run through add facial expressions.
31 (d). In an effort to not confuse a "run through" holding the same value as a "lesson", Solo/duet/trio/small group are not be permitted to run before/after/between/during class on a weekly basis.
31 (e). The dancer selects the song and style of dance (the dance style choices are: ballet, jazz, lyrical, tap, musical theatre, open, contemporary, hip hop) Once you have a song selected send an email to info@TheEdgePA.ca to have the song approved and reserved for you. Once a song has been reserved for a dancer or group, it can not be used for another dance. You can send an email to request suggestions if you need assistance to info@TheEdgePA.ca. - song is to be finalized the week before the 1 hour choreography lesson. - if you have questions about music send an email to info@TheEdgePA.ca.
31 (f). Dancers must select a style of dance according to classes they are currently registered in. For example, a dancer that does not take lyrical class can not do a lyrical solo. Dancers selecting a Hip Hop/Contemporary Solo/Duet/Trio: it is mandatory to register for Friday's "Contemporary & Hip Hop Clinic for all Term 1 & Term 2 to learn contemporary/hip hop techniques and fundamentals for successful results in judging events or take 1 hour choreography lesson and five mandatory half hour private lessons in order to learn the proper technique and style for successful results in the judging events. Int 2/Sr Dancers selecting a Pointe Solo/Duet/Trio are required to do 15min pointe class during ballet class for all 3 Terms.
31 (g). Parent/Guardian selects and purchases costume for solo/duet/trio/small group. The Edge Admin Team will email suggestions of where to purchase costume.
31 (h). Specialty Routines (Solos/duet/trio/small group/hip hop group/musical theatre group/contemporary group) perform in three judging events, A fourth optional competition in May can be selected. In an effort to make recitals a comfortable length for audience attendees and dancers, Specialty Routines do not perform in recital. For recital Grads perform a 1 min routine together with spotlight moment, no solos.
The Edge Stage Stars Policies
*Dance Team Policy is Subject to Change at the discretion of The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.) *