1. By joining the Edge Performing Arts Inc. Dance Team you are adhering to all policies and procedures that have been put in place. As a member on The Edge School of Performing Arts Dance Team you commit to participating in all three events.
2. Costumes will be paid for before costume is ordered. Costumes will not be ordered if payment is not received. If Costume Fee payment is received after due date and dancer is permitted to rejoin the team there is a $50 late fee.
3. Dance Team Costumes approx. cost $70 - $150. Costumes are made to order and some custom made. Costume fees covers costs of outfit, shipping, data entry of each size, data entry ordering each size, steaming each costume, manually packaging and labelling each costume, financial transaction, processing fees, accounting fees for invoice set up and processing payments, service fee for travelling to different stores and price inquires. Taxes are not included in Costume Fees. No cancellation, refunds or returns after payment is submitted, no exceptions. Dancers will be measured and have a fitting to confirm proper sizing. The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.) approaches costumes with the best interest of dance families in mind and works hard to find costumes that are available in all sizes, justifiable in price, performance appropriate and when possible wearable after performance.
4. Each Term is clearly stated on our website, brochure and invoice with the dates and the total amount of weeks. Class cancellation due to holidays, inclement weather or extenuating circumstances and extra non class times such as practices, rehearsals, studio events/performances, staff at competition. and staff at picture day have already been taking into account in determining the Term Tuition.
5. The only mandatory class to be part of our Dance Team is a one hour ballet class (two 30 min ballet classes for Int & Sr Team, one 40 min ballet class for Jr Team) From there you have the option to add jazz, lyrical, tap, contemporary, hip hop or specialty routines.
6. Dance Team Code of Conduct has been given to each Team Member in their welcome newsletter via TeamApp. Click Here for Dance Team Code of Conduct.
7. Competition entry fees are collected from you "the client" and are administered to the Competition from The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.) on "the clients" behalf. By attending such competitions "the client" accepts any liabilities that may occur and which "the client" may incur and not The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.) such liabilities might include cancelation due to pandemic, weather or unforeseen circumstances. "The Client" understands that The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.) is not holding their entry fees. Entry fees are collected on behalf of "the client" and sent to the competition. Travel costs and accommodations for each competition are the responsibility of "the client". Competition fees and any ordered costumes will be the responsibility of "the client" as they are not refundable by the competition/suppliers. The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.) continues to email each family "client" updates, communication and website links from each Dance Competition Company.
8. You understand that The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.) is not holding your entry fees. Your entry fees are collected on your behalf and sent to the competition.
9. There will be no refunds on partially attended months.
10. It is the dancers’ responsibility to remember choreography and to learn and practice any choreography missed due to absences before their next practice.
11. Dancers wanting a “Specialty Routine” ie. solo, duet, trio or small group must submit their request on the registration form. All applications are reviewed by the Director.
12. Choreography fees are outlined on the registration form.
13. There are no cancellations from 10 days prior to the start date of the Choreography Date for Specialty Routine. See Choreography Speciality Routine Cancelation Policy Below
14. Entry fees must be paid by the required due date. Failure to do so will result in your dancer not participating in Judging event/Competition Judging event. If payment is received after due date and dancer is permitted to enter judging event/competition judging event there is a $50 late fee.
15. When registering to compete at such events you are adhering to the Competitions Release of Liability and Policies. These policies are found on the Competition Companies Website that will be provided to you.
16. You are releasing The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.) from any liabilities associated with attending these competitions.
17. It is your responsibility to review the terms and conditions of these competitions. You will be provided their website with their terms and conditions.
18. When entering competitions you agree to all entry fees you have paid.
19. The Edge Performing Arts Inc. is not responsible or liable for any entry fees you have paid to the competition
20. All students on the Dance Team (Jr, Int, Sr) perform in the annual recital unless illness or family emergency
21. Each Competition Company sets their own prices and fees change each year. The Edge School of Performing Arts charges a 15% processing fee on entry fees. The processing fee covers costs of setting up each dancers name and birthdate in each competitions data system, manually entering each routine and dancers in the competitions data system, entering music time limit and if props are being used, uploading music and labeling each file to the entry numbers given by each competition, video taping, video upload submission, video encoding, financial transaction and processing fees, accounting fees for invoice set up and processing payments. If refunds are given by a competition or there is a change fee for virtual, The Edge School of Performing Arts charges a 15% processing fee for accounting fees, processing refunds, financial transaction fees. Processing fees are non refundable.
22. Any prize money won for solo, duet, trio is credited to the students account at The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.) Prize money won for group routines belongs to The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.) to offset competition expenses such as props, transportation and The Edge School of Performing Arts representative on event date. Custom Awards that are given with prize money or given for achieving high scores for solo, duet, trio will be given to the dancer keep. Custom Awards that are given with prize money or given for achieving high scores for groups belongs to The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.)
23. Dance Teams will perform at 4 mandatory events (Three Judging Events and The Edge Recital). Dancers can not miss class the week of judging events. As with any program, steady attendance is requirement for success. Failure to meet such requirements may lead to dismissal from the program or adjustment in level. Charges and tuition may apply. Dancers are to wear Edge Jacket/Hoodie/T-shirt when on stage to receive awards. If dancer isn't wearing Edge Jacket/Hoodie/T-shirt for award ceremony dancer will watch awards from audience.
24. Indemnification and Release of Liability Policy: By registering you agree to waive, release and forever discharge any and all claims or causes of actions which you may have now or hereafter against The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.), whether known or unknown, arising out of any injuries, contraction of infectious communicable disease, or damage that the undersigned may sustain in connection to their participation in program and will indemnify and hold harmless The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.), it's directors, officers, employees, volunteers and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") you further agree not to sue The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.) for the claims waived and released in our School Policies.
26. Staying overnight at a hotel where a dance competition event is taking place or near dance competition event is at the discretion of the parent. It is not mandatory to stay at hotel when attending competition events. Dance Competition Companies offer Group discount rates at participating hotel. Hotel information can be found on the competition website. It is the responsibility of the parent not The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.) to access that information from the competition website. Group rates only available for duration of specific date or quantity of rooms available.
27. Workshop/Convention Company Cancellation Policy: There is no Cancellation for Workshop/Convention Registrations once payment is submitted. Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. No refunds. Spaces are limited. The Workshop/Convention Company reserves the right to limit registration. The Workshop/Convention reserves the right to cancel workshop due to insufficient registrations.
28. I/we understand that The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.), The Workshop/Convention Company, the host venue, and staff members are not liable for any personal injuries, loss, or damages sustained while attending the aforementioned event. I authorize the Workshop/Convention Company the use of photographs and videography of the registered participant(s) for advertising purpose.
*Dance Team Policy is Subject to Change at the discretion of The Edge School of Performing Arts (The Edge Performing Arts Inc.) *